Dakota Dunes Community Improvement District (CID), is the local governmental body and operates similar to a municipality. The CID is governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors, elected by the residents. The Board employs a full-time manager and staff to oversee the day-to-day operations of the CID.
The General Fund is primarily funded with local property tax dollars.
- Maintain streets, parkways and boulevards
- Storm sewer collection
- Parks and public safety
The Union County Sheriff’s office provides police protection for Dakota Dunes. In addition, the CID provides private security.
The Enterprise Fund runs similar to a small business, primarily funded by water and sewer utility rates.
- Provides treated water
- Collects and disposes of sanitary sewer
The CID has its own water treatment and distribution systems to treat and distribute water to customers. The sanitary sewage is collected and transferred to the City of Sioux City for further treatment. For water and sanitary sewer rates, please refer to the ordinances or call the CID office at (605) 232-4211.
Mosquito Spraying at Dakota Dunes: Please see the attached information on the chemicals used for mosquito spraying. Biomist 3+15 ULV Mosquito Chemical
The dog park is open. Please see the rules below:
Dog Park Rules
- Use the Dog Park at your own risk
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times
- Dakota Dunes CID is not responsible for the actions of dogs or their owners
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the park
- Dog waste must be cleaned up immediately by pet owners
- Owners must be within dog park and supervising their dog with leash readily available
- Dog handlers must be at least 16 years of age
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately
- Dogs should be under voice control
Human and Dog food/treats, Glass containers, Dogs in heat, Sick dogs, Aggressive dogs, Puppies (under 4 months)